NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been having a slow, but big season so far, catching in general a few large fish, but not my usual numbers. This all changed Friday. I have been noticing the fish schooling together really going after young fry and baitfish up shallow. I threw a spook and learned quickly I made the right decision. I landed fish after fish, all above 2.5lbs. It seemed like every cast I had better be ready for a blow up. I also landed quite a few nice fish off of points with a Texas Rig later in the day. Ended up with a lot of fish and a lot of quality. Here are a few that I caught and managed to take a photo of with my self timer on the phone. I also had a whale of a fish smash the spook. Had a heck of a fight for about 5 seconds until my line went slack and I reeled in the lure to find a straightened out mustad triple grip treble. Wish I could have at least seen her.

Sky Cloud Vertebrate Hat Fisherman
Glasses Sky Goggles Sunglasses Smile
Cloud Sky Fisherman Hat Fish
Glasses Sky Cloud Vertebrate Smile

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Anyone know if you can you buy Mustad Triple Grip (or comparable) hooks in at least a 2x strength?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.