NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad came for a visit from NM...where a past time of ours is night fishing for catfish.. We decided to visit the nuese from about 9-11 in hopes of finding some cats for dinner tomorrow...well all we found were eels...slimy creepy eels...new species for both of us. Are they common around Raleigh??

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
CATFISH CANDY!!! I WISH I could catch more eels!!! A towel is handy for gripping them, the terry cloth really helps you hang on.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
They are harmless, the bite doesnt even hurt. Just slimy sticky buggers..
Hah first for both of us...we couldn't get them back in the river fast enough

·
Registered
441 Posts
Used to catch those a lot in a small creek where I grew up, some had a good size to them, dad fried one once...not sure if it was terrible or not worth the clean....it only happened once. Never new to use them as bait though. Always getting good tips here!

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
You would probably be amazed where many of our eels come from.
Typically they spawn in the Sargasso Sea and migrate from Western Europe to the Eastern US.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
They are harmless, the bite doesnt even hurt. Just slimy sticky buggers..
They scare the heck out of people though. I caught a decent sized one right below the Jordan dam one time and I was on the cement structure with the fishing access. It unhooked itself and started slithering down the walkway and you should have seen all the people climbing the rails to get away from it. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL well...my dad and I were looking for a spot to night fish for cats...and found some river access to try..pitch black, new place, and pull in a snake looking critter wrapping itself around our lines ....the things of nightmares. We are going back tonight to try and catch some! Heard they are tasty tasty if you skin em like a snake and cut em into scallop pieces and tempura fry em..

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
LOL well...my dad and I were looking for a spot to night fish for cats...and found some river access to try..pitch black, new place, and pull in a snake looking critter wrapping itself around our lines ....the things of nightmares. We are going back tonight to try and catch some! Heard they are tasty tasty if you skin em like a snake and cut em into scallop pieces and tempura fry em..
The catfish you can catch with them will taste better. Just sayin'.

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

·
Registered
194 Posts
I love to eat eel, hate to catch them. Cannot refuse they probably make good bait but ill stick to other methods

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts