NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All our yard work done ,bobby and i decided to make a run up to weldon and check out the rock fish and we found them hungary . Caught 35-40 mostly on soft jerk baits , no top water yet but it won't be long . Must have been 60-75 boats there today even though the keeper season is over . Wildlife rep. Said the biggest rock he saw durin the keeper season was 12 lbs. . Today we had around 10 that would have kept . Hope they will hit on top next trip !!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well Curtis I knew thought that was you and wish I would have said "hello" to you on the river yesterday. I've never met you but I read your posts and thought I recognized you from all the pictures you post. My friend and our 2 sons were in the Grizzly Tracker that fished above you most of the day. We started our drift at the big rock with all the other boats but didn't catch a fish up there and didn't see one being caught. Our first bite was a few hundred yards above you and that is the school that we picked away at most of the day. It was nice to get away from the little bit of a crowd that was there. We tried our best to keep our distance from you but I know things got a little chaotic with boys fighting fish, dads trying to net and run trolling motor. I don't think we got too close to interfere with your fishing and if we did I apologize. We've fished the river for years now and by Weldon standards it was just an ok day catching around 50 fish. However, any day you can trailer a boat 5 hours, fish safely and return home is a great day.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Curtis I knew thought that was you and wish I would have said "hello" to you on the river yesterday. I've never met you but I read your posts and thought I recognized you from all the pictures you post. My friend and our 2 sons were in the Grizzly Tracker that fished above you most of the day. We started our drift at the big rock with all the other boats but didn't catch a fish up there and didn't see one being caught. Our first bite was a few hundred yards above you and that is the school that we picked away at most of the day. It was nice to get away from the little bit of a crowd that was there. We tried our best to keep our distance from you but I know things got a little chaotic with boys fighting fish, dads trying to net and run trolling motor. I don't think we got too close to interfere with your fishing and if we did I apologize. We've fished the river for years now and by Weldon standards it was just an ok day catching around 50 fish. However, any day you can trailer a boat 5 hours, fish safely and return home is a great day.
yep remember you and the boys and enjoyed watching them catchin fish and no you never got to close . you are right about it being a ok day at weldon , last year my first trip netted over 100 with some coming on top water but it was about a week later . hope to go back one day next week so if you see me , stop by .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.