NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
The water is going to be HIGH and FAST. Be careful and keep you life jacket handy because you don't have much time to react if something happens. There should be PLENTY of people to watch as its the last weekend of the keeper season. Be sure to only use single hooks (no trebles) and mash the barbs down. Be able to load the boat on the trailer with a fast current pushing you down river at an angle or there will be lots of upset people staring at you while they wait. Lastly unless you are there REALLY early, bring your own parking place.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
WOOOOO, dam release in the last day, 22k current...i'm sure by now you've realized you may of picked a bad day:eek: sorry, hope you catch something. i sure hope they slow the current up some for the last weekend of keepers...

·
Registered
286 Posts
I made my maiden voyage Thursday and had concerns with everything I have heard. No big deal, as always use common sense and you will be okay. The fishing was awesome, even for a couple of Roanoke greenhorns. I'm going to shoot you a PM telling where we caught the majority of our fish

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.