NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was moving some stuff for my mother yesterday in her attic. i came across one of my old fly boxs. i aint open it open in nearly 20 years suprisingly the flys look to be in decent shape.

mostly midges but a few beat up old streamers caught a bunch of fish on the baits in this box.

ratty looking bugs get that way by usage and fish tearing them up.. think most of these baits were last wetted in the pristine white river in vt..

zooker

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Funny thing! I went digging around in my Dads old barn just last week helping make room for some stuff and found my old first Zebco 33 in a bucket of odds and ends. I'm gonna soak it good and clean it up and see if I can get it working again. the best dad and I can recollect it was first used by me catching shad in the Tennesee river when I was 5-6 so thats 35 yrs ago... I still have an old Mepps minnow with the little spinner blade on its nose that I caught them with as well!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I must still be new at this game. I still use some of the saltwater gear I had as a teenager. Most of it has been replaced though.I even have a few 8 oz triangle sinkers me and a friend poured when I was 19. Old Green machines and Knuckle heads from the ealy 80's along with some west coast jigging iron. All pleasant reminders of the good old days standing by ready to answer the call to duty should the occasion arises.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.