NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I've been known to pick a little.. just havent done it for about 11 or so years..!!! :eek:

Since my Bday's comin up.. this was an early present :D

here's a couple pix y'all :)

I put that Deville on full 12 drive, mashed the foot box for more drive, master on 4, reverb about 1/2 of 1 and played a little "Workin Man" from Rush... all I gotta say is... Yowza!
Think this Agile and Fender amp will work out jus' fine! ;)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Awesome ax and amp you can't beat the sound of a Fender amp. Have a Les Paul with sunburst finish and Marshall amp myself and love it. Always wanted a Fender Deville but have never got around to buying one, would cut into my fishing money.

And it looks like the young turk is read to shred. Do I hear father & son jam sessions in the near future.

ROCK ON!!!!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ha haha... thanx man.. Maybe... he still thinks he knows it all even though he's begining to begin :rolleyes:

Just got the git today... I'm pretty impressed with it and love the flame top. (Canadian Maple), one piece mahogany neck and 2 piece mahogany body, triple bound and abalone inlays. Simply incredible, plays great.

I hear ya... I haven't been fishin.. so got a little extra loot.

Man, the Hot Rod DeVille is a tube monster!! it's the 4x10 60w and man does it have some "push"... no real need for anything inline or infront of it.. git straight in and let'r rip.

I found the amp on the Raleigh Craigs list used for $400.. the guy I bought it from used it a couple times (he said 5 hours worth).. there's not a scratch on it and the GT's are new... had to pull the trigger on it for sure (these tube amps are pretty pricey).

Thanx for the comments! I think this set up will be alot of fun to fill the time until we get fishin again.

Hey, post some pix of yer axe, would love to see it!!! :)

Rock on brother man!

·
Registered
444 Posts
You didn't get a deal you stole it. You're right about not needing anything out in front those tubes will run the neighbors away. Might plug a Crybaby into it but that would be all, that rig will carry its own. I'll try to get some pics downloaded of my set up on here.

·
Registered
231 Posts
What a great birthday. Dave I'm very envious. Congragulations. Looks like this might be the start of a great year for you... and your starting your son off right....Maybe you can seranade the fish in the boat. Kind of like the Pied Piper of NC.

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Sweet setup!! man ya'll are making me miss the good ole days... singing and sippin'!!!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Been in a few garage bands myself in the 80's. Guest spots on stage a few times too and a few shows and way way wayyyyy too many karaoke bars..LOL!!! We might need to do a JAM!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man I hear y'all... my dexterity is definately lost... I can hear it.. just hard to get it back much less make my fingers go where they should... ha hahaha ah....

the saying is very true, if you dont use it, you lose it!

Pretty sad,, I cant even remember stuff I had written... kinda glad I kept them old demo tapes around.. now I can at least try to re-learn.

Jeff.... put that GH3 on "Slow Ride", crank it up and run with it! :)

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice guitar Dave - yours and the boys. With the wife's piano playing, you guys on strings maybe you should teach the youngest one to play the drums............ Then you guys can go on tour :eek::D
haha haha ha... momma and dadda's playin out days are over!...

But yeah, if the boys get good enough.. I'm sure we'll have a family sit around thing or two! ;)

Oh and good call too Mike.. "B" (aka Animal) will definately have the temperment for the skins.. he's a natural for hitting stuff with a stick! :eek::D

Here's some old pix I have, sorry if they're all fuzzy and stuff, but had to take digi pix of paper pix..

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Nice man. You have got enough to make the neighbors complain:D. Never been a combo man myself, I prefer at least a half stack:cool:. Full stack when avaliable:eek:. I've alway's played Marshall and love them. I have just sold a Gothic SG, and a Les Paul Standard. I hint to the woman about how I miss the Les Paul already! Wonder if she will come through for me...........................:D

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Very nice. I will never be a good guitar player but that doesn`t stop me. I`m just a metal head and it`s very therapeutic to feel the hum of an electric. Crunchin out some power chords always helps me relax and unnerves everybody else in the house.:D I have a "jap strat" but my fave is a C.F. Martin Stinger that was made around 1983. I love effects and pedals. My Boss gt5 is alot of fun to play with. Congratulations on a sweet set-up!
-------stu

Attachments

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice man. You have got enough to make the neighbors complain:D. Never been a combo man myself, I prefer at least a half stack:cool:. Full stack when avaliable:eek:. I've alway's played Marshall and love them. I have just sold a Gothic SG, and a Les Paul Standard. I hint to the woman about how I miss the Les Paul already! Wonder if she will come through for me...........................:D
Dang dude... I wish I knew ya had a paul standard for sale.. I probably would've jump'd all over it.

My brother inlaw was selling his this last Dec when we were down in Fla.. I himhaw'd about it.. then decided to call him about 3 weeks ago.. he'd already sold it (for under 1K!! 2005 LP Standard Ebony w/case).. so I ran with back up plan B.. to go for the Agile. In a way I'm really glad I did, since I ended up gettin a LP type guit for short $$ and with the honey flame top...

Very happy with the Agile,, it plays, feels, and is every bit as stout as the LP Standard. Me and the bridge pickup arent quite agreein.. but think I'll end up swappin it out. The neck p/u is probably one of the best I've played (Alnico V with some great output and tone).

I had sold my Gibson Explorer to my BIN, but he ended up sellin that one too.. wanted to buy it back (after 10 some odd years..) but he went and got a Gib SG when he sold the Explorer. That Explorer was the best guit I'd ever owned... that 500T bridge pu... whoooo... gives me goose bumps just thinkin of it...

Cool, I'm glad I posted then.. good to see some "slingers" on here!! ;)

I write and play.. so if anyone get's a wild hair and want to impromptu one day.. drop me a line!

I'll see if I can dig out a pic of the Explorer.. ;)

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice. I will never be a good guitar player but that doesn`t stop me. I`m just a metal head and it`s very therapeutic to feel the hum of an electric. Crunchin out some power chords always helps me relax and unnerves everybody else in the house.:D I have a "jap strat" but my fave is a C.F. Martin Stinger that was made around 1983. I love effects and pedals. My Boss gt5 is alot of fun to play with. Congratulations on a sweet set-up!
-------stu
Nice Stu and thanx for the pic!!!! I too have had many a jap guit (Ibenhad, Hondo, Univox, Inchon...)

My fav pedals are Electro-Harmonix Small Stone, Small Clone, Graphic Fuzz and the Dr Q envelope follower. Fav distortion pedal is the "original" Pro Co Rat. A rat thru a Peavy or Fender 4x10 Classic Blues.... YOW!!! wake the dead and blows the pant legs around pretty good.

My first tube amp was out of the Sear's catalog. It had a volume knob, one 12AX7 and a transformer and I believe either a 6 or 8 inch speaker... that was it. Maybe put out 2 watts?? Had a plywood Sears single p/u git to go with it. Bought it from my cousin back in... late 70's for like $40 for both

Hey if y'all get a chance (those of you who play),, I came across this brand (Agile) and I have to say.. for the money,, you can not go wrong!!!!

Http://www.rondomusic.com just check it out..... If the Music Monkey jumps on yer back... dont blame me!!! :D

Hmmm.. with all this talent on board... might have to make a fishin tune CD!! ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Steel Reigne..."Go go Godzilla!" I'm still buying guitars (I just picked up a Steinberger) and have my eye on another early Kramer Baretta. I haven't been fishing and I already have all of the guns so I guess I have to spend my money on something ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.