NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Williamston, NC because we heard Striper were there. Fished for 2 days and didn't catch any Striper. Saw other people reel in a few. People said they caught there limit others said they didn't catch anything. Ended up catching 2 Blue catfish that were 6lbs a piece. Fished like the locals did, used shabiki rig to catch herring near the banks then cut them up and jigged on the bottom. Caught the 2 catfish in a bend up from the boat ramp were the water was 46ft deep! My buddy caught a Channel catfish that was about 6lbs also in the same spot. go here for some pictures http://community.webshots.com/album/549436537VCFqQN

·
Registered
523 Posts
Striper's fun, but cats are better eatin'! (although, I'd prefer 1-2 LBers for the table to 6, still had to be fun though) Concats...er I mean Congrats!;)

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is it a bowfin?

My brother caught that fish in a different spot, someone called it a mudfish which seems to be the same thing as a bowfin, It weighed 8lbs and we released it back. I would like other people to look at it and give me an idea what it was I was going to do another post to identify the fish. there are the 2 pictures of the fish one in the net and the other out of the net. i was trying to find some different pictures of the bowfin to compare. It had a row of some teeth that looked like they could shred on a finger or hand and it didn't have the whiskers like a catfish. It also put up a good fight he was using a cardinal spinning rod and reel and we had to turn the drag all the way and he still could pull the line out. let me know whatcha think

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.