NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Pretty stoked about joining this forum. Been looking for some expert advice. So my question is... where are the best wild trout waters in Western NC? I have been all over ncwildlife.org and google looking for reports or first hand experiences from other anglers and have found nothing really solid. I have the maps, I know where most of the wild trout waters are located... but where should i go?

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Cannot really say that x stream is the best. Try the waters in the Park ( GSMNP) first. But as a rule, the more secluded and harder to get to, the better. Of course, don't take any advice from me, I've only read about trout in a book:cool::p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tips. I went to the Green River and hiked up into the gorge to the Wild Trout Waters. Very very rocky but found some nice holes. Caught and released a few small browns and kept two 14" rainbows (dinner). Was using pink worm, with pink jig head, on a silver spinner. Might bring fly rod next trip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.