NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A short while back I installed a new set of RodSavers on the gunwales of my little fiberglass boat. I noticed the wood shavings from my pilot holes were soaked. This obviously means that all the wood between the deck and bottom of the boat is saturated, if not rotted away.

Does anyone have a tip for drying these out that doesn't involve cutting the deck of boat out?:confused: There is only one access to this area in the stern. It's about an 8" hole with a threaded pvc cover where my depthfinder transducer is mounted to the bottom. Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks,
PH

·
Registered
116 Posts
Black plastic water pipe will get hot in the sun and transfer heat to air that is passing through it. Stick one end in the hole and force air through the pipe on sunny days. It may dramatically reduce the moisture in several weeks time...depending on the amount of sunshine. Remember, to dry out one must move significant amounts of air. Warm air holds more water vapor. Combine the two, and find the crack and seal it. Good luck.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carpenter,

Thanks for the tip! As soon as I get some warmer weather for a few days straight, I'll try it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.