NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to find out of the way lakes & ponds mostly on fedral lands. I went to 1 that i had ben to befor called big bass lake:) well i knew thare were pike in in it soi cout some pirch for bait put 1 on a big hook & a big bobber about 5' up & started trolling as slow as i could,It dident take veary long and my pole bent over so i grabed it and set the hook , but to my supprise i felt nothing but waight i thought i was snaged on a pice of plywood or something i was even dragging my 12' john boat backwords it never foutght once,well igot it about 10' from the boat and i felt a tug :eek: it came right in along side the boat it was 1/2 as long as my boat no lye it gave 1 hard kick, line broke Drag locked up 20lb fireline:(

·
Registered
301 Posts
next time bring the fighting belt, the big game rods, and steel leaders...haha..that does suck though, I lost a big fish at northeast cape fear river once, it came up and broke the water and broke my line and I never saw what it was but it was huge

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.