NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to make the trip and try to catch a big drum. Somewhat inexperienced with that fishing, I private messaged two members with hopes they would share some information. Both replied and to a great extent were consistent with what I wanted to know. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, THANKS TO YOU below is what I caught the first day. 47" nice 'un near the mouth of the Pamlico River (south side). SmilingSam

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
For those of you who may not know, or don't know how to find it, here is the link for getting your very own "Supporter" button added to your membership as well as upgrades to "Captain's Club" so you can get in on our secrets and if you are a business you are more than welcome to check out a Sponsors membership!. You can also get your NCAngler decals here!! http://www.tacklemonkey.com/NCanglercom_c_58.html

This is the best fishing site in NC hands down!! If you love a forum with good folks and limited negative chatter this is the place for you! But it takes $$ to keep something like this going so please contribute if you can..

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
What amazes me is sometimes you got like 100 registered members and 400 lurkers reading the info! Why don't these folks join in and get the same experience and reap the same reward?

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
What amazes me is sometimes you got like 100 registered members and 400 lurkers reading the info! Why don't these folks join in and get the same experience and reap the same reward?
That is the very reason I don't post locations in my reports. It's not that I won't share with the 100 members, it's the 400 lurkers I don't want to know...

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I got like ten folks that can count on me to share up to the minute trip reports down to which rock in the rock garden is best and vise versa but the lurkers don't even know what river we are on that week in which state. Whatever floats their boat:rolleyes:---odd bunch gotta say. Give a little, get a little, give a lot , get a lot.

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
I got like ten folks that can count on me to share up to the minute trip reports down to which rock in the rock garden is best and vise versa but the lurkers don't even know what river we are on that week in which state. Whatever floats their boat:rolleyes:---odd bunch gotta say. Give a little, get a little, give a lot , get a lot.
You have 11 if there is ever anything you need to know about the area around Hickory.

Darrell

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Thank you SmilingSam for the report and I can see why you're smiling...that is a great old drum catch! Thanks to all our members who make NCangler.com what it is. Part of our mission statement from early on is posted on the homepage of the site: "Our goal is to learn from those more experienced and share what we know with those who ask." Of course that never included specific fishing spots for the masses, :D but it has been gratifying to see so many of you guys willing to help a new angler, a young angler, or a mom/dad wanting to take their kids fishing. Thank you all for your contribution and support! :cool:

·
Registered
888 Posts
Great job on the catch, Sam, and nice report! Welcome to the site and as you can see by the comments, your appreciation for NCAngler is shared by quite a few! Just to add my own testimonial, I can't say enough about those of you whom I've come to know through participation on the site. With business, family and personal responsibilities, I have not yet been able to personally meet many of you. But, that hasn't seemed to matter very much. When I have something to share, I do, and it is always well received and appreciated. When I need something, I ask, and the generous responses and gifts and offers of information and assistance have been incredible, and yes, in most cases, from members who have yet to shake my hand. I say it that way, because that's how I was raised. Once you get an opportunity to stand face to face with someone, look them in the eye and shake their hand, that simple act places that relationship on a different level.

But, in our modern high-tech world, the old-schoolers like myself, have had to utilize our ability to judge character without always having these "handshake" opportunities, at least in the beginning. I have been very blessed by those here who have chosen to place their trust in me and extend that friendship opportunity without first having met me. Such is the nature, I suppose, of the internet, but with each piece of information shared, comes an opportunity for trust to be established between two relative strangers. As members of this wonderful site, let's all be mindful of these opportunities as we receive them, and show our thanks by earning that trust. I thank those of you who have allowed me the chance to earn your trust, and I'm just as thankful for the friendships formed when I've extended that opportunity to other members. I firmly believe that in all things, what you give, is what you get.

So Sam, as I put the soapbox away, congrats again on a great catch of one of these majestic old Drum. And also, thank you for reminding all of us how great we have it here at NCAngler!

BTJ

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Great catch, that's a beautiful red!

I will certainly echo the sentiments expressed by others about the quality of the information, the community and especially the people on this site. I agree also with the sentiment of not wanting to broadcast valuable information to everyone surfing the web, but I remain open to members sending PM's if there is something with which I can help. I have received a lot of help from the members of this site in that fashion, and I continue to want to participate and do my part.

Jim, could not agree with you more, you're spot on. I have enjoyed meeting those whom I've met, and I've made some good friends (including "BTJ" Jim himself!). I wish I had more time to fish and more time to take people fishing who want to go and might not otherwise get to.

Thanks NCAngler, and congrats again SmilingSam on your redfish!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.