NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seriously i`ve been out on the water for a solid month and nuttin - i live in pinebluff [ MOORE COUNTY ] - I FISH ON LAKES THAT HAVE BEEN STOCKED - I CATFISH WITH RED WORMS I BOTTOM FISH WITH ALL KINDS OF WHAT I CALL RUBBER WORMS - I GET ALL KINDS OF ADVICE FROM A GREAT BAIT SHOP I GUESS SOME OF US ARE HERE TO JUST GO OUT IN THE YAK AND CATCH NUTTIN - SORRY FOR THE CAPS - i do get great exercise though

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
what time of day are you fishing? Have you fished live minnows?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
"i usually fish from 10 to 1"

That is siesta time
:D
Fish tend to feed heaviest from the crack of dawn until the sun is up in the sky. This is when they are most visible to predators (birds) and they know it so they tend to lay low. Late afternoon until dark things pick up again. At least that's the theory...

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I'm not sure. From the pic I would say flexible. I just caught it. Snapped the pic and let it go. One catfisherman I know looked at the pic and said mudcat/flathead. But I told him it really didn't have that brown flathead coloration. He didn't know than.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
yeah 10-1 is not prime time by any means, and if you have limited mobility it is even harder to find the fish those hours.

·
Registered
145 Posts
yeah 10-1 is not prime time by any means, and if you have limited mobility it is even harder to find the fish those hours.
Yes morning and dusk traditionally are prime times. But don't let anyone fool you, fish eat in the day time. In fact best time for cats right now is between 10:30 to 2:30.

Fish Shark Fin Aviation Vehicle

If you want to catch fish abandon beating the bank or anchoring. Kayaks are deadly for drifting and trolling. Why not start with some simple trolling? Go out and buy you some Berkley Flicker Shads and build from there :)

Do you have a fish finder?

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'd love to hear the story on that beast!
The fight took twice as long as the fight with my king. Right now the morning bite is dead, and the bites are less frequent, but the fish are better quality.

Fin Koi Automotive lighting Fish Ray-finned fish

The I posted in this post was a fish taken half an hour before the other I posted, and my buddy nailed one bigger than mine. Went out this past weekend on a boat to learn some things and we boated a 25 pounder. Hunting for a paper blue atm. My buddy who took me on a boat was very close to one of the good areas and bagged a cat that bottomed out a 50 pound scale with 1/3 still laying on the deck. No anchor involved ever, for me at least. Same with the bass, they are deep just like the cats. We watch the bass guys beat docks and such all morning with nothing. We just smile and wave because we know all the bass are behind them. Good luck out there, some of the best fishing is going on now and for a while as fish stock up for winter and then bunch up real tight afterwards.

They are biting on Badin also from what I hear if the OP can make it out that way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Caught this guy on shrimp Tuesday eve. 4 or 5 pounder. Not sure what kind.
WHITE CATFISH - Large head in relation to body (Channel and Blues generally have smaller heads in relation to their body), white chin whiskers (Channels have dark colored chin whiskers), small rounded anal fin (Channels have longer rounded anal fin - Blues have a straight anal fin like a comb), Tail fin is shallow forked like a fantail (Channels and Blues have deeply forked tails) Can't see it in photo, but White Catfish generally have a distinct demarcation line, or borderline between the darker color and the white color (Channels and Blues have a more blending of color from dark to light) Taking all these things into consideration I'd say WHITE CAT.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.