NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after 4 days off in March I'm hopefully going to get a couple days this week and am thinking about heading down to Jordan. Haven't been in a month or so and was wondering what the stripers are doing this time of year. Are they heading through the "S" curves toward the Haw River? Are they shallow? Main lake still? Up in the Haw? Etc....Was thinking about heading down about midnight one night with minnows for crappie, then catching some shad around daylight and try for some stripers. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.
Mike

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
well mike the stripers are still in the main lake for now last i heard they havnt been doing a whole lot down there but if this weather holds out this week then the weekend should be good at the lake.i will be on the water this sat for sure but still unknown as to where i will be friday.might go back to the rock

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey Mike,

The stripers have not made their move yet. They are still scattered in the main lake and are not feeding aggressively, but it should not be long. We need some stable weather and especially stable barometric pressure. A little rain would also help.

The right water temp and current flow are what tell stripers it's time to spawn. Many times, they will run up in the larger creeks and coves too, not just the river.

Always look to see where the trollers and live baiters are fishing. These are always good places to start as you learn the lake.

Remember, stripers will always be close the channels, ALWAYS.

Good Luck!

Take only what you need and let the rest fight another day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.