NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must admit, I'm a bit of a rocker. Mostly classsic rock and southern rock. I listen to all types including country, bluegrass, and blues. Some of this stuff today is not what I consider music. Well right now it's Bob Seger-Turn the page.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Maybe it's the enviroment that I teach in but I do listen to R&B (mostly) mainly from the 90s. But anymore the radio dial does not leave espn radio.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I like classic country to classic rock. But I can not stand the tennis shoe in dryer stuff. ( Rap, bass ).

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just Contemporary Christian, THIRD DAY ect...

No country !!!! I was once told if you play rock and roll backwards, you'll get satanic messages. But if you play country music backwards, you'll get your wife back, your dog will come home, and the bank will bring your pick-up back!! :D

Reactions: Bread Man 1

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Compared to todays rock, you could play it sideways and it still won't make sense. I may be stretching it a bit but is this a sign I'm getting older?

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Well as Barbara Mandrell said "I was country when country wasn't cool." :D Grew up on George Jones ("He stopped loving her today" the quintessential country song), Charlie Pride, Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, Glenn Campbell, etc. Moved on to the rock era in the '70's, worked in a radio station in the '70's and early '80's (Top 40 as well as a gospel station). Focused on gospel and contemporary Christian music since the mid-'70's. Today on my ipod I've got a mix of country, bluegrass, some pop and rock from the '60s-80's and gospel. I have to say though that my favorite music to listen to these days is Allison Krause and Union Station along with Rhonda Vincent. Bluegrass music is very nostalgic for me. When I'm fishing with Allison Krause playing it is a pretty relaxing place to be. :)
BTW:
Quintessential \Quin`tes*sen"tial\, a.
Of the nature of a quintessence; purest; most characteristic.
"Quintessential extract of mediocrity." --G. Eliot.
[1913 Webster] Quintet
;)

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.