NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like this guys attitude as 90% of his videos are just talkin junk about other people but how does he throw a cast net this way? Looks to be a pretty big net and it opens pretty decent from what I can see. What do you guys think of it? [video=youtube;Q_eqbapfbjQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_eqbapfbjQ[/video]

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the one about salt lifers. Also the one about braid pride lol. Sometimes he just needs to shut and fish tho ha ha.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
What he is doing is splitting the lead in half, rolling half the net and lead away from him over his net hand, lifting the lead line at the point where it drops between the two halves of the net (on the side facing away from him) and setting that line over his net hand, then picking up the lead line facing away from him at arms length (using his non-net hand) so that the net is open.

You can see the two halves of the net and him holding the net open by the lead line with his leading (non-net) hand
image.jpg

It's a good method for if you don't wanna get messy like he said "we ain't gettin wet, we ain't getting dirty, we ain't getting stinky" but it's pretty difficult with any net over 7' or so because the net gets too heavy to throw with enough speed to open it on a downward path like that. On a heavy or large net you have to throw slightly upwards so the net has more time to open unless you are really strong and can sling a 10 footer open on a downwards throw somehow...

heres a video of a guy throwing the net in the same way. He has to throw it upwards because it's a bigger net than that Jeff guy is throwing but he is still throwing it in the same way.

[video=youtube_share;bQezb885M5M]http://youtu.be/bQezb885M5M[/video]

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link FishinCary as I obviously don't get a thing from the captain jeff video other than that he can do it lol.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Video didnt tell me anything other than Capt Jeff knows it all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts