NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been asked to give a 20-30 minute period of instruction on speckled trout fishing. If you were planning to attend a class on speckled trout, what would you hope to obtain? I plan on keeping it about the Neuse River and about fall/winter patterns. I'll talk about baits and such, but don't want t give "just another presentation"

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'd bring a couple of fully rigged outfits, including one rigged with a topwater and another with a soft plastic and explain the whole set up; rod length/action, reel size, type of line used, leader, etc. A popping cork set up makes a good visual, too. Bring that tackle bag of yours and let them have a look at how a pro goes about his business. Let them see the stuff then tell 'em what you look for in an ideal trout location such as depth, water clarity, and structure.

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Maybe explain what makes them "tick" from a feeding standpoint. Moving water-vs-flats, depths to prospect. I agree with others, focus on how/where to locate. I saw one vid about specs that talked about spooking Trout. The speaker said once Trout are spooked they are gone for the day and that drum when spooked will generally return in 1/2 hour or so?
Let us know when and where please.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Key baits for the seasons. Presentation of those baits. How to identify locations. How weather effects patterns.
I don't think its necessary to waste a lot of time on equipment, rod type etc. That info is pretty generic and out there everywhere. The other parts are key.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow trigger. You you got your hands full! I agree with sundrop. Don't waste a lot of time on equipment.
I won't. I would assume that's pretty common stuff to most people. I'll cover it and leave the floor open for questions. I'll have a few setups with me just in case though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.