NC Angler Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Small paddle tails on 1/8 oz. jighead / DOA 3.25 Shrimp ( red flake ) / Gulp Shrimp 3" white on 3/16 oz. jighead. Or Vudu Shrimp 3.5 oz.
Take your choice, they all work. Hold off on fishing MirrOlures or any hard bait with treble hooks until you master the basics.......
Hope this helps...... ICM
Thanks. Looks like I got some shopping to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks. Looks like I got some shopping to do.
Small paddle tails on 1/8 oz. jighead / DOA 3.25 Shrimp ( red flake ) / Gulp Shrimp 3" white on 3/16 oz. jighead. Or Vudu Shrimp 3.5 oz.
Take your choice, they all work. Hold off on fishing MirrOlures or any hard bait with treble hooks until you master the basics.......
Thanks for the great tip and choice of lures . Billy your the best ! Now go out there and catch some fish .

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
@ice cream man , took your advice and headed to Atlantic Beach/Morehead City for a few hours. Hey, @cbruce41 , I hooked my first trout from the Newport River Pier. Waded a popular spot across the road, but unfortunately, lizard fish and blues were more interested in the plastic shrimps suggested.

Decided to hit the surf with a yugiro and got a keeper size trout. So happy. Same lure tricked a decent size blue then alls quiet after that. Spent remaining time with fresh shrimp on a double drop and fish finder. Puffer, black drum, puffer then the whiting started to hit as the sun disappear under the horizon.

This is the most I've ever brought home. So happy. Thanks for the tips guys which really helped.

Food Wood Cuisine Fish Seafood

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would happily follow the advice of the other posters.
Being just shy of a boomer myself, I'd follow me if I were chasing the tasty Trout, Specs I think y'all call them. I am not, unfortainly doing so at this time.
4If I were headed down in search of trout I'd check with the Z's and X's first if I find them. Despite the bad "lazy" "overindulged" reputation some are ok as long as they are carrying their fathers or grandfathers fishing rods or hunting rifles/shotguns.
Today's technology dose help the Gen Z's or X's to have an ear to the ether.
Best Wishes & Tight Lines,

21 - 27 of 27 Posts