NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
This site has been declining for awhile. I am also on a Chicago area site that is in the same condition. Some say it is because of Facebook. I couldn’t say one way or the other.

~JOE~

·
Registered
7 Posts
This site has been declining for awhile. I am also on a Chicago area site that is in the same condition. Some say it is because of Facebook. I couldn’t say one way or the other.

~JOE~
I wonder if it also has to do with the rise in popularity of for-profit fishing apps. People are too willing to pay to be part of social media platforms.

·
Registered
462 Posts
On the Chicago site I frequent the spam posts are usually responded to with some hilarious feedback.

I also look at a Florida site out of Pensacola. That site is very active but some of the content is pretty course. You need some thick skin on that site.
~JOE~

·
Registered
2020 Ford Ranger
165 Posts
Same here, Joe, I'm an old dog and don't care to learn something new like social media but ICM is our site social media SME and if I have questions or need quick up-to-the-minute information, I look to him!

It doesn't hurt that he's a heck of a fisherman too!

Bruce

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Social Media is whatever you want it to be. If you want to stay informed & don't buy into every ridiculous conspiracy theory out here, it's a big help. Be careful of going down the 'rabbit hole' of useless, yet funny videos.
Pick & choose what works for you..... ICM
"Check this out Alice...."

·
Registered
525 Posts
NC Angler forums are dead, what happened?
The decline started several years ago and the reasons are a bit complicated. The sale of the website and subsequent loss of participants is big piece of the puzzle. The result was no leadership that cared anymore. Another piece is that, IMO, there were too many people totally unqualified to provide useful information or replies to serious questions responding thus diluting the overall quality and relevance of the site. The third piece is competition from various social media sites. Adapt or perish.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
The decline started several years ago and the reasons are a bit complicated. The sale of the website and subsequent loss of participants is big piece of the puzzle. The result was no leadership that cared anymore. Another piece is that, IMO, there were too many people totally unqualified to provide useful information or replies to serious questions responding thus diluting the overall quality and relevance of the site. The third piece is competition from various social media sites. Adapt or perish.
You still slaying those panfish steve?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Steve, think you are correct in what you posted. But there were a decent amount of members that got upset when they were told, rightly so, they could not post their political and social opinions. They also started attacking others. So they moved to Facebook where they could spout off their nonsense, essentially a Romper Room with the fox guarding the hen house for supervision.

We need to catch up on things at some point, hope things are well with you.

Reactions: BluePike

·
Registered
2020 Ford Ranger
165 Posts
One of the biggest factors in my not using FB or any SM for that matter. It's not difficult to differentiate between reality and the BS but it's frustrating that you should even have to do so! additionally, most of the fish I catch are apolitical and aren't even old enough to vote so...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Steve, think you are correct in what you posted. But there were a decent amount of members that got upset when they were told, rightly so, they could not post their political and social opinions. They also started attacking others. So they moved to Facebook where they could spout off their nonsense, essentially a Romper Room with the fox guarding the hen house for supervision.

We need to catch up on things at some point, hope things are well with you.
I still fish your creek regularly! Hope you are doing well. In case you don't still have them: 252-241-8195 and [email protected]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts