NC Angler Forums banner

What is your favorite fresh water fish to catch?

• Largemouth Bass

Votes: 181 42.9%
  • Smallmouth Bass

Votes: 69 16.4%
  • Crappie

Votes: 67 15.9%
  • Catfish

Votes: 70 16.6%
  • Stripers

Votes: 62 14.7%
  • Trout

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • Muskie

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Bream

Votes: 32 7.6%
  • Walleye

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Carp

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Pike

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Other (let us know in the thread and we'll add to the poll)

Votes: 13 3.1%
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dont bother with them unless I find them slurping along the surface or "tailing" in the shallows. When they are slurping I like small twisted foam hoppers #12 in tan and yellow. I tie these myself, when they are tailing they seem to like small nymphs and leeches.

You have to be very stelthy, they are extremely spooky. Long casts and light tippets.

Here is a smaller one

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
i love catching anything that's biting but id rather hook into a nice largemouth. the thing i love about them is that when you catch a nice one it drives you to try and keep catching more the same size.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is a difficult question. It seemed easy at first, but the more I think about it, I can't decide.
If I want to relax and get away, I like to fish small streams for trout.
If I want to have a few beers with my buddies, I like catfish.
If I just need to squeeze in some fishing, I like bass.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys I like any thing that will bite my hook. Catch and release I do,so eating them is not my thing. Did some spade fishing this past weekend and had a blast. Man can they fight,thought I had an eight pound bass.But just the fun of being out on the water no matter what,is what it is all about.

Dave in currituck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Right now I'd have to say largemouth bass. Growing up it was whatever took my worm; bass, perch, catfish, carp, bullhead. Now I'm learning how to worm fish for bass so that is really fun.

But growing up in the North (Wisconsin) I will have to say catch a Northern Pike (like a musky) and your heart will be pounding so hard you will find it hard to cast again soon afterward. The coolest part is when you are just about to bring your lure out of the water and either one hits it or you see this large black shadow swim away. Weak bladders need not apply!!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.