NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. The pond is not managed at all. Its a community pond in Raleigh and nobody really fishes there. It's about 3 acres and has a ton of little LMB and also has 3-5 large KOI. No catfish. Not sure if the pond is in good shape although there are a ton of fish right now.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
3 acres? Your guess of a ton may not be far off. You will have a hard time making much of a dent in that. Are you sure the HOA doesn't have it managed at all? My neighborhood doesn't have much done, but they do a little. We have a nice C&R panfish pond. There are also a few bass, mostly about that size.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
you need to add bait or remove bass lol. find out if you can keep some. that size i might would just relocate to river or such.
Truth. The fish are stunted, most likely. Keep as many of those as possible, and if some additional forage base can somehow be added, that would help.

Often people don't realize the differences in shading and color possible in largemouth bass. They can be anything from pure silvery white (if they have been deep, on rock, or without much sun penetration) to bright almost neon green (if they are up in grass and/or in plentiful sunlight). Early in the season the fish look like we do... pale and without a lot of color due to lack of sun exposure.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Thats the kinda fish NatsDad has never caught...
First time I went with him targeting largemouth, I was still at the launch when he came paddling back for a photo with a fat 19 inch largemouth. Had a buzzbait in it's mouth. I have to admit, though, I didn't actually see him catch it. Perhaps you had left it for him in a fish cage in the river to make him look good?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.