NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question what brand of line is everyone using for bass fishing. If you could list out bait caster and spinning

I currently use Seagar invizx fluoro 15 for my bait caster and 6-8 for my spinning reels

I just want to see if their is something better out there at a cheaper price

Also would like to know if anyone else reuses fishing line? What I currently do is when the line starts to get old I remove the line from one reel and I load it on another my thought process is I never use the line that is on the back of the real so by loading the line from the one reel to another I’m getting the full use of the line.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
If you don't need the fluorocarbon line for low visibility I'm a huge fan of P-line CXX. You can get it in green or clear (I like green). I use 10lb on my bait casting gear and I have nothing but good things to day about it. I casts great, is smaller diameter than 15lb fluoro and it wears like iron. As long as I watch for abrasions/nicks and re-tie as needed I have never lost a fish unless it got me wrapped up in a tree and I get them out more often than I lose them.

For spinning gear, personally, I hate fluorocarbon. It is too stiff and has too much memory unless you buy the very high dollar stuff. I prefer a good mono or co-polymer line. The P-line is a bit stiff for spinning gear but would work fine. For a low budget option Trilene XT is good choice.

As for re-using line the section that hasn't been used should be in good shape providing you don't store it in heavy sunlight, high temperatures, and around chemicals. These have the possibility of degrading the line over time. Also, the section under the other line often has slightly deformed, meaning it has dents in it from the line above. I don't think this would compromise strength but something to consider. If you take care of your line you shouldn't need to change it more than 1-2 times per year.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you don't need the fluorocarbon line for low visibility I'm a huge fan of P-line CXX. You can get it in green or clear (I like green). I use 10lb on my bait casting gear and I have nothing but good things to day about it. I casts great, is smaller diameter than 15lb fluoro and it wears like iron. As long as I watch for abrasions/nicks and re-tie as needed I have never lost a fish unless it got me wrapped up in a tree and I get them out more often than I lose them.

For spinning gear, personally, I hate fluorocarbon. It is too stiff and has too much memory unless you buy the very high dollar stuff. I prefer a good mono or co-polymer line. The P-line is a bit stiff for spinning gear but would work fine. For a low budget option Trilene XT is good choice.

As for re-using line the section that hasn't been used should be in good shape providing you don't store it in heavy sunlight, high temperatures, and around chemicals. These have the possibility of degrading the line over time. Also, the section under the other line often has slightly deformed, meaning it has dents in it from the line above. I don't think this would compromise strength but something to consider. If you take care of your line you shouldn't need to change it more than 1-2 times per year.
Thanks I think I will give it a try

·
Registered
34 Posts
I only use braid - Kastking the cheapest and good quality. As far as reusing line, once line breaks on snags and shortens, you need the proper length to fill the spool diameter. Gear ratio is dependent on it for reeling in line as fast as possible when needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts