NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to head to Kilkenny Landing in Tyrell Co (headwaters of Alligator River) and fish out of my canoe.. Wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what to expect in the way of fish - like specks, flounder, reds or bass etc. Should I go artificial or live? I need some good advice if anyone has it and is willing to share. Thanks in advance. Keep catching - Ironpig.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
This will be an interesting thread. It has been many years since I've fished there, but I was with a friend who was targeting stripers. Just went 3 times that I remember. Not sure if you would find flounder, specks, and reds there, but there should be LMBs. I never asked about other species when I went. You could be talking about a landing further down the river than I was fishing, but do remember going through Kilkenny.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been years since I was there also and I remember not catching anything when I was. Farther up the river, almost to the ICW, I've caught bass and perch. Thanks for the reply. If I slay them I'll put up a post. Happy hooking.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is no open public ramp at Kilkenny landing. There was once a ramp at the end of the road but it has always been private. It now has a cable across it. The closest ramp is Gum Neck Landing, which is off of NC 94 further north of Kilkenny. I used to catch a lot of LMB there in the 90's.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Orangecrush, thanks for the update about the landing being closed to the public. It's been a while since I've been there. Also, will fish for LMB in that area. Do you know at what point on the river (heading north on NC 94) should I expect to run into reds or specks?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Cartoon Organism Font Art Games
well , Kenny is quite the fisherman ...

Reactions: brickphil
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.