NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am going to be fishing for trout the whole week of new years.Dec 22-jan 3. I am new to trout fishing and fishing in the south eastern water of NC. Can you tell me where I can find decent lodging food (restaurants) and fishing all in one place. Where would you go or where do you go. Need suggestions anywhere from Wilmington to Corolla. Again I am wanting to fish for trout. Thanks

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
http://www.moonlightlake.com/

The campground is nothing to brag about, and the "lake" is at very best a pond ........ but the cottages go for $50 a night when you stay more than one night. They are clean and comfortable and the owners are friendly. Microwave, fridge, coffee maker and plenty of hot water....... restaurants and essential shopping within a few minutes drive.

That location will put you less than an hour(less than 1/2 mostly) from many of the good spots on the Neuse, Bay & Pamlico Rivers.

·
Banned
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks papadave. Looks like the suites are pretty nice. I will check them out further. I should add my wife will be going with me and she will be doing her thing while I am fishing.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
What type of watercraft?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Good trout fishing along the central coast at this time of year can be found in the creeks off the Neuse River and Intercoastal Waterway, the New River, and (weekdays) the Cape Lookout rock jetty. The Morehead City/Beaufort area has lodging ranging from affordable to moderately costly and plenty of restaurants with the same range of prices and menus. In addition, there's lots of shops in both towns. The location is centrally located so you are within 45 minutes of a hot bite and some relief from the wind regardless of its direction.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Beaufort/Morehead will make both you and your wife very happy. Adams creek feeds all the way back to the Neuse river as well. Lots of little shops and things for the Mrs.

Reactions: papadave

·
Registered
525 Posts
Where to Stay

Send me a PM with your price range for lodging and food preferences and restaurant pricing and I'll be glad to recommend some places within that range. There's the normal chain restaurants, of course - Olive Garden, Outback, Ruby Tuesdays - but a couple of real nice places that are independently owned and are quite good. The guys at the local tackle shops will steer you in the right direction to get you on fish. Check with Chasin' Tails or EJW's for the latest hot spots and lures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.