NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
The Albright Knot <<< check this site out. Good info!

I add a drop of superglue sometimes too. be sure and let it dry completely before you reel it up.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Uni to Uni gets my vote.

Remember the KISS formula--Keep it simple stupid--works great for me:D I try to keep my knots simple and use those that I have had good results with.

Tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
418 Posts
I use spider hitch to no name knot when I'm tying my drum rig but I use mono to mono (17-20lb sufix and 50-80lb leader). It's really simple to learn, but not sure how well it works with braid. The guys at P&S did a break test with 17lb sufix and this tested out almost exactly the same as the bimini twist and no name knot, but much easier to tie. I like it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
After doing some research (completely irrelevant to the topic at hand, I think I was researching Sufix Superior), I found a thread where some guys were testing 60lb Sufix joined to 80lb Power Pro. The knot in question was a bimini twist to double uni, and apparently the powerpro cut or as they used "melted" in two and broke at 38.5lbs. Power Pro says when attaching PP to a larger diameter mono equivalent (leader) use the albright. They tested again and found it broke at 55-60lbs. I wouldn't use the SH to no name, only the uni to uni or albright after researching.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.