NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are heading over to emerald isle for a week (leaving next friday) and i wanted to know what should be biting at bogue inlet pier? i am just tiered of being out on the pier all day only to have pinfish rob my bait :mad::mad::mad:. Also whatever is out there what type of lures, bait, or rigs should i use to catch them?

thanks in advance

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
Blues and Spanish. Use gotcha plugs. Should be some flounder starting too.

·
Registered
252 Posts
friend of mine was there about 2 weeks ago. he caught a lot of spots on bloodworms.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Blues on gotcha plugs towards the end of the pier, and Spanish will most likely be around by then too with the water temp rising.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Blues n Spanish on Gotchas and Diamond jigs and a Drum or possible Cobia on cut bait on bottom.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks everyone i just checked the report and saw they were catchin 11lb blues i sure hope they stick around!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hopefully the blues and spanish will be around on Gotchas. I prefer red and white or red and silver w/ bucktail. Be sure to use some 25lb or higher flurocarbon leader. Good luck! I will be their on the May 13th and 14th give us a report.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I dont worry about having the fluro, I do ok with regular Mono leaders and save the $$ especially if you dont go alot. 20-25lb for spanish and 40-50lb for choppers. I like ande mono and the price is good.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like fluro...I just use it for inshore as well but...agreed mono is just fine! Good Luck and send us a report during the week if you can.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I like it too Phish, I just dont spend for it. I'm cheap and unless Im tourney/trophy fishing I dont feel it's a big disadvantage. On those rare occasions you get some really clear water I can see a difference though for certain.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
probably wont be able to give a report because we are staying at a friends beach house and im not sure if they have internet

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Weather is going to change and temps drop thurs/fri as will water temps , so it might hurt the Spanish bite but the blues and bottom feeders should still be pretty good.

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
Don't think fluoro's a big deal on blues.....they will pretty much ignore any obstacle to their percieved meal. Spanish is a different story though.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Weather is going to change and temps drop thurs/fri as will water temps , so it might hurt the Spanish bite but the blues and bottom feeders should still be pretty good.
so you dont think the blues will be moving out any time soon??? im new to catchin big blues

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
It just wont be the "best" conditions. Winds are going to be swapping alot the next few days and more rain Fri and cool. NW winds predicted for Saturday are bad news waves will be breaking high and water will be dirty. BUT its always possible the weatherman is wrong and it happens alot on the coast!! LOL!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts