NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I haven't fished up north but reports are saying a few sea mullet and small spot. The better bite has been down south around Avon and Buxton. Plenty of reds and pompano in the surf and late afternoon runs of blues and Spanish.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been here a couple days now and have caught a bunch of big spot, some croaker, a whiting that was probably almost 2 pounds and a large skate. Lots of bluecrabs. Hopefully things will get better later in the week.

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
Been here a couple days now and have caught a bunch of big spot, some croaker, a whiting that was probably almost 2 pounds and a large skate. Lots of bluecrabs. Hopefully things will get better later in the week.
If you can get to it (find parking), the Army Corps. of Engineers Research Pier has some great holes on either side of it.........

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks h2ohhh, I remember last year you gave me a pretty lengthy reply with great tips for the Army Corps Pier. We'll probably head down there later, because some friends of ours are staying off Canvasback which isn't too far from it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.