NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What documents do you carry on your boat? It is obvious that if you are fishing you need a fishing license, but what other documents do you carry.....do you HAVE to carry ?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
All I carry is registration card and insurance card. If you were born after a certain date (1986?) you must have a certifacte saying you passed a boater safety course.

When I fished the Potomac river it was also required to carry a certificate saying you passed a boater safety course to operate in DC waters.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Fishing license, boat registration, and ID. I laminate my registration and fishing license so they stay dry.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Good question! Since I'm planning on registering my boat in NC for the upcoming year, I probably need to know this. Although it seems like the same requirements as in VA.

G

·
Boat registration is required and ID.
Fishing license if fishing. I also have the little boater safety course card from the class I took and I also keep my BoatUS card in case I need to call them. I took them all to Staples and got them laminated for a couple of bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.