·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use them

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Navionics Platinum will allow you to do photo transparency so you can have a satellite view onto your chart and still see your numbers. Some of my favorite features on my Lowrance unit with my Platinum is safety depth and i can pick a depth from 6,18,30,60 so let say I pick 18 it will shade everything in white 18 feet or deeper and shade everything in blue 18 feet or shallower so you know where the safe water is at. But if you're not looking to use the satellite view feature I would do the Navionics Gold. Both cards are for saltwater fishing.Also you get a year free of software updates after purchasing a Navionics Card.https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd....5_10152749315994966_8396043732896049181_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Anyone use the Navionics+, seems similar but you can have ongoing updates? Confusing to me about the different offerings from Navionics.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I just purchased a Dragonfly7 and got the Navionics+ package.

Everything I am reading says you save your track and then process the saved tracks. Once complete your unit has updated the map.

Now, I can't say what the flow is like for the whole process. But I will certainly find out soon.

mikeski

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I have been doing more digging and watched some videos. I am really liking what I see about the Navionics+ maps.

Gold maps are static get what you get base maps of the full area you purchased. US, Aus, Europe, ... Some are more detailed than others. Many have no real detail. You need to look at the lake list to see what you will get. Where the Navionics+ allows you to download just the lakes, coastal area or whatever you need with the addition of any available community updates.

With Navtronics+ updates are constant because of the community. These updates are not made to the base maps but are another layer that can be on or off. So, if you have a lake not on the list of Gold lakes you may be able to acquire community data for these.

I fish two lakes not on the list. Jordan Lake, NC and Grand Lake Maine. Community data should be available for these. If not, I will create some ;-).

Can't wait to play. My unit and maps are out for delivery.

mikeski...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts