NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name's Ben ... but you can call me Nardo422. I'm new here but always looking for some good tips/advice and potentially some lakeshore fishing buddies in the Cornelius area ... since I don't have a boat, I spend most of my fishing time on the banks. At the time of this post, I'm currently on a 4 month sabbatical from my corporate job because I was itching to spend more time with my family and get out on the lake more to pull in some monster bass. :cool: So, needless to say, I've been spending a LOT of time fishing and will continue to do so until early 2016.

My favorite spots for bass fishing are currently:

1. Ramsey Creek Park (35.466098, -80.900695)
2. McCrary Creek Access Area (
35.603256, -80.927848)
3. McGuire Nuclear Plant Access Area (
35.436182, -80.947352)

... but I'm always looking for more local holes to get in, so let me know if there's any hidden gems I'm missing nearby. I look forward to being a part of this community and maybe fishing with some of you.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Welcome to the site...If you haven't already, try the state park up 77 off exit 42. Lots of shoreline to fish up there in the campground.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Welcome aboard. There is also the option if any of your munincipal lakes have boat rentals to get out on the water that way, depending on what's in your area.

Welcome to NCAngler, look forward to your reports!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Welcome aboard. I assume those numbers on your initial post are GPS coordinates?

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Brave soul to put GPS numbers on a big:D public forum!

·
Registered
507 Posts
You gotta like a man like that. Courageous and always thinking of others.
(Or else he's as lonely as the Maytag repairman before Whirlpool)

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Those are the coordinates of the public access areas...I think they are safe! Hahaha!
lol I didn't even check. Think you're right. ;) Cool thing to do for others, though!

Reactions: grandpaa

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Welcome , A man like my on heart. Helping others!!! Look back on my post you will see ,I allways post where I fish. Like deep river , at one time very few. Now lots of people they are even camping on it . I have talked to some they are haveing a blast:) Every ones privet spot is not so privet,when they not there odds are someone els is;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to NCAngler.. I have an article on here that you may be interested in. I tried to give info on using the McGuire access area. As of today, the energy explorium is being remodeled and is closed until sometime mid January. Catch a biggin.

bivens40

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.