NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there have one and care to share their feedback? This rod feels incredible in your hand but I have seen so many bad reviews from tips breaking, even on St Croix's own website. I know they came out with a new release a few years ago but I can't determine if they fixed or created the problem. ...assuming there is a problem.

I've have an older Premier for a while and it is been really good to me.

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had one and the tip broke while it was less than a month old. I loved how it felt. I did not realize that others were having the same issue. I purchased at Bass Pro, and they refunded without hassle.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if it was the previous version or the new one? What year did you buy it and what color was it, the dark purple or mint green?

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought a St. Croix premier - 7' Med-Lite power Fast action spinning rod within the last year, can't speak to when it was manufactured or what version it is but the color on it is a teal-ish color and the Product Code is PS70MLF if that helps at all. I took a lot of time to pair with a reel that balanced well and it was my favorite finesse rod for by far, great amount of sensitivity in it and super light weight. Unfortunately I got snagged up, went to yank it and wasn't aware of my surroundings, tip of it hit a limb behind me approx. 1" in diameter and it broke about 1' down the rod. I didn't even think to reach back out to Bass Pro where I bought it as I also couldn't find the receipt (have saved 90% of receipts there from any purchase over ~$200 but of course lost this one). I reached out to St. Croix and they are sending me a new one in the mail and all I had to pay was $25 fee. Still worth it to me as in my opinion I should have been more mindful of surroundings and it's hard to say if another rod would have broken under same conditions. I imagine with a rod with that much sensitivity, it's probably a tough ask for it to be super durable as well. The replacement process has been slower than I'd like as my first email submission through website was on 8/20 and rod is supposed to show up tomorrow 9/29 but the rod fishes great in my opinion and is the only St. Croix product I've tried so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Mojo Inshore was on the top off my want list and I looked high and low for one in stores. I finally came across one and it felt awesome in hand, but... a TFO Tactical Inshore was right next to it and after handling it, I left with the TFO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts