NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone headed to Wheeler tomorrow by any chance? I'm thinking of bringing my john boat, but I'm new to launching and driving a boat. I might just rent a boat and bring my motor.

If anyone is headed that way, or any of the smaller Raleigh area lakes (I'm trying to avoid boat traffic) let me know if you want to meet up and help a dude learn to launch!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
launchings easy, just make sure you tie off your rope before you let go!! LOL Loading can be the fun part alone..

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Sorry for the late reply Zman- hope you did well. Had I seen this before hand, I would have suggested Lake Johnson, off Avent Ferry Road. They have jonboats with trolling motors that you can rent and usually don't have much traffic.

Jeff- I hear you. working at work now- working at home later. No fish for me this weekend.:(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem Skooter. I posted last minute. I fished Johnson a few times last year, I wasn't that thrilled, but I wasn't exactly fishing the best time of year. I've caught 3 fish there in about 5 trips. Seen some good reports though.

FYI- I skipped Wheeler and went to Beaver Dam (Falls Lake) early evening through dark. I'll post the report in the report type section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.