Votes: 1 0.5%
  • June

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I never stopped! :)

Votes: 147 72.1%

When will you start fishing this year?

10K views 35 replies 34 participants last post by  dmt 
#1 ·
Take a few seconds to participate in this poll and then post a quick reply about the species and where you'll be fishing (near shore, off shore, mountain stream, etc.). :cool:

#2 ·
MY WIFE AND I HAVE JUST JOINED A BASS CLUB,

AND ARE FISHING ALL OVER THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA!
WE ARE FISHING UP TO NOVEMBER.
THE LAST TOURNAMENT WAS AT BELEWS LAKE.
WE GOT LUCKY AND WON!
HOPEFULLY NOT FOR THE LAST TIME!
WE BOTH FISH YEAR ROUND FOR TROUT OR BASS OR ANYTHING.

#4 ·
I never stop fishing. I was raised in the north, so when the water freezes, you just drill a hole and keep fishing. Last year I was in northern Ohio for Christmas. My parents live on a lake and my father and I pulled some crappie, bluegill and a big bass through the ice. A week later I was back in NC where we had a few days near seventy degrees and I caught some more crappie and bass. I think you can always find something to bite your hook, no matter what season it is.

#8 ·
i grew up in western ny fishin for trout,salmon fished the big lakes in big boats. problem being you could only fish from a boat for about 6 months a year.
after relocating to nc
i am making up for it by fishing year round i fish for bass mostly but cat fish and crappie are a plus...

zooker

#10 ·
I fish more in the fall and spring months. The heat fries my brain..( that explains alot!LOL) But if there's water I'll be on it in it or around it!

#11 ·
Winter is the only time I get to fish. I hardly ever get to fish spring, summer or fall because I have a REEL job.:p

#14 ·
Hi Fritz. Let us know when the surgery is. Some of us would be happy to add you to our prayers. I had back surgery myself last April for a herniated disc. Recovery was slower than I anticipated but the relief was pretty immediate. I'm almost 'back' to my old self. :)

#17 ·
:confused:I never knew you are supposed to stop fishing. I fish during the winter for trout, and in the spring, summer, fall, and warmer days in the winter, I fish from my kayak. Mostly flyfishing for all kinds of fish, on lakes and rivers.:)

#18 ·
I guess I've gotta fall into the "never stopped" category -- the kayak hasn't been dry for two weeks, I don't think, and I took the boy out bank-fishing today. If the weather and schedule cooperate, ain't got no reason to stay home!!

#21 ·
I didn't realize there was a time of the year when you were not suppose to be fishing, I even fish in my sleep. The first thing I do when I turn the TV on is look for fishing shows. Whenever I shop for cloths they have to be something I wouldn't mind wearing while fishing. Whenever I'm traveling I always look along the side of the road for potential fishing spots, ponds, lakes, rivers anywhere that looks like a good spot to fish. Whenever I plan a camping trip or a vacation it has to be near a good fishing spot.

I know when your traveling you too check out the waters along the roadside and imagine yourself being there and catching fish or just wishing you had the time to be there fishing.

#26 ·
I'm determined to find the bass this winter. I can count the number I've caught the last 4 winters on one hand. But this year I have a plan!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.