NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
moving to greenville fom pensacolafl fish are tricky here. looking forward to fishing in the pamlico river. what type of bait is best used in the area how is the winter fishing? CANT WAIT TO GET THERE AND DROP A LINE!!!!!!!RETIRED VET sgraley

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
welcome to the forum. don't know about that area but I'm sure there is someone on here who will.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Tar/Pamlico is fresh water up around greenville and becomes more brackish as you move down Washington way. You have all of the usual species for fresh water..Cat. Bass, Crappie,Bream and then as you move down river you can catch Puppy drum, Speckled trout, Flounder, Crokers and such. I have caught a Crappie and a Flounder in the same spot more than once right around the railroad bridge in Washington.. And you can also go Crabbing..which is fun to do when the bite is slow. Nothing like fresh fish and crabs for dinner!!
As far as bait, if you use live and cut bait, I use FRESH! shrimp, worms, Minnows, mullet cut up and occasionally I'll even slice up something I caught and use it...
As far as artificials. "GULP" baits are taking over the market hands down! So as you can see aroud here it all can work it is just a trick to figure out what works on any given day because of the change in salinity ( salt content ) of the water here.
I'm sure you'll have a great time and we welcome you aboard!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome to the boards from another vet. plenty of bass fishing canbe good and can be bad. All depends on what you want to catch on what bait to use. I know one well maybe two that have won the last two big tournaments up there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.