NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Where are there walleye in this part of the country? I assume they have been stocked in some of the colder reservoirs but don't know for sure. Where, south of Lake Erie, are they found?

Thanks!

·
Registered
258 Posts
There are a very few in the Piedmont, Lakes Gaston, and Kerr, to the west in the mountains Hiwassee, Lake James, French Broad River and maybe a few more. The state record is 13 lbs.? Try the search feature.
I hope that helps.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Philpott Lake, located in Bassett, Virginia has good walleye fishing. There is also lake trout, smallmouth, largemouth, catfish, crappie. My cousin has been going up there about twice a week and catching them on live night crawlers around 30 ft down. Keep me posted if you decide to go.

This is my spot!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Have seen walleye caught below the dam in Fries Va. The best fishing is below Foster Falls. I've been told this is where Va. Wildlife shocks the river for fish to stock in other areas. Foster falls is less than 90 minutes from Winston Salem.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
They're on the list of species for Lake Tillery.Never heard of one caught there,tho'. I have caught them in the mountains at Fontana,and understand they are present in many mountain lakes,along with saugers,a close relative.I hear they are in the New River as well,but haven't seen them where we fish there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.