• Ponds

Votes: 26 8.8%
  • Fish market :)

Votes: 10 3.4%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a retreat in the North Creek area just off the Pamlico River, so most of my fishing is done in that vicinity (North Creek, Pamlico River mouth, Pungo River, and the nearby portion of the Pamlico Sound. It's a relatively lightly fished area, although there are the usual frustrations (for me, at least) with netting!! :( I've caught some very nice flounder in that vicinity of the river, and the drum fishing last summer was superb! :)

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I fish the most in NC out of Masonboro Inlet, Wrightsville Bch for offshore
Inshore/Lakes, I fish Jordan Lake.

Been known to fish around Topsail, Morehead, Cape Lookout, Shearon Harris lake.

My most favorite spots to fish other than Wrightsville is in Apalachacola in Florida and also Venice Florida. Down there we fish out from Apalachacola Bay and run out to the ledge pretty much straight out from the bay inlet. We have an annual get together of friends and we always stay at Bay City Lodge there in in Apalach... great fishin, fun trip, and awsome accomodations.
Venice area we fish out of Charlotte Harbor, Boca Grand, Venice Inlet, Blackburn point and Casey Key inland water way flats for snook, reds, goliath group-ah's and tarpon. Offshore Venice for kings, grouper, amberjack and bonita, and mahi.

My top pick though is Wrightsville over Southport, Morehead, Topsail, Carolina Beach. I just love that area, great inlet, 2 hour drive towin from the house, and some great bottom and reefs in that area, not to mention a pretty short run out the inlet.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
For me it's offshore/nearshore from Rich's or New Topsail Inlet. From my house it's a 1 minute drive to the boat ramp and a 5 min boat ride to Rich's inlet (or less than 10 minutes to New Topsail Inlet).

For Fresh water, I like the trout fishing up around Cherokee and The Great Smokeys.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think we all tend to go to the nearest water to our homes because of the convienience but every chance we get we go to different water just to experience it.Like the ad says "wherever there`s water"

·
Registered
7 Posts
I fish the nearby lakes in my area frequently, Belews, Jordan, Buggs, Norman, High Rock, and Badin, however, my most favorite place to fish is anything inshore. Morehead City, Beaufort, Bogue Inlet, I love the openess and variety of species the salt provides.

I am going on my first river fishing expedition for striper May 8th at Weldon. Looking forward to that :D . I hope the drought hasn't caused to many problems with water depth.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Since I've moved to Washington last year I've been fishing the Tar/Pamlico river but I've had to change tactics quite a bit from the way I fished Kerr and Falls lakes so it hasnt been productive. I look forward to venturing farther down toward Pamlico sound as I learn my way around down here. I've been noticing all of the ramps in New Bern as well and looks like there would be some good fishing around all of those bridges..

·
Registered
267 Posts
I will have to be honest! Most of my fish that I brought home last year came from Wal-mart. I did spend a lot of time on the water though. Got a lot of good practice casting and reeling the lure back. I hope this year will be more productive in the aspect of catching fish, not buying fish.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Hey Fritz, did you ever try king mackeral fishing off Folly Pier by any chance? I never have found anybody that knows anything about the situation there except not many are king fishing there. I am wanting to give it a try this year if there is a good possibility of catching one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
the pond behind my church and my uncles pond behind his house but would love to fly fish elsewhere

·
Registered
12 Posts
i fish Jordan lake and Kerr lake mostly for stripers ,but will travel to lake murray SC,badin lake,highrock,norman,hickory...well to make a long story short if its got stripers in nc,sc,or va ill fish it :p

·
Registered
403 Posts
So far this year, I've caught most of my fish at the bait shop but that's all about to change starting tomorrow.:)

·
Registered
852 Posts
In order of preference:

Kerr Lake
Falls Lake
Wake Forest Reservoir

Need to try Jordan more often to get comfortable with it and try to locate the ramps on Gaston and Roanoke Rapids in case the drought keeps up

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Shem if all else fails you can make the 1.5 hr haul down this way. We kept some water this year because of the backflow from the sound. Brackish holds bass, cats,stripers,flounder,specks all in the same general areas..

Reactions: Tom Kat

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
hey guys
still looking for volunteers for our teach a kid to fish clinics at high point city lake on april 12 and may 10.anyone who would like to participate in a truly rewarding experience,e mail me at [email protected] help would be appreciated,plus you'll get a t shirt and all the pizza youcan stand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerry
ps smallmouth rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
QUEENS CREEK 98% OF THE TIME NEW RIVER AND WHITE OAK THE REST

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
JERRY,
NICE TALKIN WITH YA AND DEFINETLY COUNT ME IN ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts