NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Great Points Dalton.

Market Hunting was once a major business and respected profession in this country. This practice led to the near exinction of Bison, Deer Elk, Waterfowl and Upland gamebirds and to the complete extinction of the Passenger Pigeon. However it was Sport Hunters (Non-Commercial Hunters) who demanded that we conserve our wildlife and began to effect this change. Just like Marketing Hunting , Commercial Fishing provides a necessary service in providing the world with an ever increasing appetite for seafood. With an open minded look at where we have been and come from with hunting , it would be clear as to how easily an species can be exploited to the point of no return.

I personally think that we are far to liberal with the Chinese in our trade practices to begin with. They weaken our dollar, steal our military secrects and prosper from low tariffs on their imports and high tariffs and subsidies from the good OL'US. It doesn't take Warren Buffet to tell me this is a recipe for a global diaster.

Obviously, the best solution in our country would be to invest in aquaculture ourselves. We are making progress on this issue in the US. However, if the industry is undercut by a producer (China) who doesn't care about the enviroment or the health and safety of the consumer then there's no way that it will take hold as it should.

I in no way want to see anyone out of work and I don't mean to step on anyone's toes. However, there are common sense restrictions that are proven to reserve stock declines that NC refuses to hear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.