NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rekindling my interest in fishing (retirement getting close). Getting ready to buy an inflatable canoe. Looking for quiet places (electric motor only?; too remote for big boats?).

Live in Winston, but anywhere within a 100 mi. or so is O.K.

Any recomendations appreciated!

TIA:confused:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Welcome Slowalker0! Wow! A lot of places to take an inflatable canoe. I have ofen wandered about that body of water you cross coming out of Greensboro going into Winston. Looks like a little city lake or something of that nature.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard. That is Salem Lake and they do allow power boats. I looked on google maps and saw a town fork watershed lake about 1 mile North of Dennis. Squire Marshall Rd on the right going North will take you there but I know absolutely nothing about that part of the world. There is Higgins Lakes and Brandt lake off Battle Ground Ave. (HWY 220) heading North from Greensboro. The back waters of Belews Lake should be pretty quiet. I just don't know but if nobody answers, you might want to go to go to google maps and check them out.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Check out Winston Lake Park and Kerner Lake Park...both offer fishing Kerner has boat rentals (paddle and pedal types). Salem lake allows outboards to 50 hp. I hope this is helpful. I can't tell you anything about the fishing other than its allowed . I think Salem has a restriction against fishing from the bank but they have a pier and ramp, Access to Winston Lake is on the North side like you are going to the golf course.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I also live in Winston Salem and except for the already mentioned lakes try getting permission on some local farm ponds. They are littered all over our area and with with some work finding out who owns them is pretty simple. Stopping and asking is real easy or you can find the land owners address through the local gov. property website. The water mentioned near Dennis Rd is almost Walnut Cove and is a very nice lake. I used to fish it and have seen alot of large fish come out of that watershed. You just have to know somebody that lives on the water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.