NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks,

Just joined the site and I also just moved to Raleigh for work and I'm in desperate need of some good spots for shore fishing. I don't have a boat or kayak or anything. I'm from FL and most of the lakes there have great fishing from the shore so I haven't really had the need for one but I'm having a lot of trouble finding any lakes with shore access and the few places that I have found I haven't really caught anything. I've been to Crabtree, Beaverdamn at Falls, Simpkins/Wheeler. Can any of you guys recommend any good places to fish for bass and what lures/colors they're hitting on? I caught a pretty big Cat on a shadrap crank at Simpkins Pond at Lake Wheeler today but thats the only fish I've caught since I've been here. But I can't even go back to that spot because I found out that you have to pay daily to fish Lake Wheeler. If anyone can help me out with a place to hook up on a some bass It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Here's a recent post by spidey, a notorious North Raleigh shoreline bass harasser, from a 5 favorite lakes thread. Find his profile and view his recent posts to see what he's been doing:

My view.

1) lake Lynn. Can't argue with my success there plus being right across the street makes it great

2) bond lake. Hard to fish lake from the banks but produces big quality fish

3) umstead big lake good all year except summer when seaweed is everywhere

4) durant but this year the lake seems to have died off big time

5) falls lake great for crappie, bass and variety of other fish. Mostly fight for crappie but will start working some spots for bass. Ore.

·
Registered
96 Posts
- Lake Rogers in Creedmore has a nice stretch of open space (caught a beast there this spring).
- Lake Benson in Garner (rent a canoe here for dirt cheap (caught my 2nd beast from there this spring).
- Bass Lake Park . Have not been there but heard it is a very cool place.
- Shelley Lake Park (caught my 3rd and 4th biggest fish this year there and on consecutive casts).
- Harris Lake Park has a bunch of open bank space
- Bond Lake in Cary (caught my 5th biggest fish there plus rent a canoe/jon boat)
- Burlington City lakes
- Durham Lakes

Best thing is get on Google Maps and just start looking at the waters in this area...... Endless opportunities

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Here's a recent post by spidey, a notorious North Raleigh shoreline bass harasser, from a 5 favorite lakes thread. Find his profile and view his recent posts to see what he's been doing:
I never catch fish �� I just practice throwing

Reactions: tallastro

·
Registered
194 Posts
Lake lynn. I dont know if me living on the lake helped me learn how to fish it well, but regardless i always catch a ton of fish and there are some nice ones in there. Worth mentioning that i have exponentially better experiences in a kayak tho

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Where do you fish at Lynn lake? Do you fish right off of the trail or are there designated fishing areas?
Any spot you can find. Nothing designated. There are three bridges that provide good spots but I tend to find spots off the path. Your best bet is to walk around the lake path sometime and every time ya come across an opening in the trees etc meander down and check out the spot. Just today I found a new spot to try I think the leaves staring to fall are revealing some other good spots.

Reactions: kbullick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any spot you can find. Nothing designated. There are three bridges that provide good spots but I tend to find spots off the path. Your best bet is to walk around the lake path sometime and every time ya come across an opening in the trees etc meander down and check out the spot. Just today I found a new spot to try I think the leaves staring to fall are revealing some other good spots.
Roger that. Thanks, Spidey!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.