NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to go fishing this weekend but nobody can seem to tell me where the drum are in the upper neuse does anyone know where to go or what to use as bait. I'll even take advice on where striper are I just wanna catch something Lol any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
You want to catch slot drum? Soak cut fish (mullet,pigfish,pinfish,croaker,) under a cork around boat docks in the creeks of the lower neuse and you should hook up. No drum in the upper neuse as that is the freshwater portion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks y'all for having me as a newbie!! I meant like around new bern is what I meant about upper neuse river forty I should have clarified that!!! I really don't wanna use cut bait I wanna sharpen my skills with like gulp bait and topwater maybe even some spinner baits if the rocks will bite it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok sounds good but when I do start to use artificial baits what should I get? I ran into a little money and before its all gone I want to get some stock up on the good artificial stuff just incase I have hard times then I can still fish with no worries :) what can I say fishing is in my blood and runs fast and fierce.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Trigger's reply, "horrible" does not adequately describe the Neuse right now. Poor water quality plus the menhaden die-off has totally - and I mean totally - shut down the bite. Conditions like we experienced this week explain why someone invented scotch!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I love me some scotch Lol dramboi I think is one of thbsmoothest I like so right now theres nothing biting here? That kinda sucks I wanted to fish this weekend and learn some places

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.