NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME POSTING AND HAVE READ SOME VERY GOOD INFO ON FISHING ,SOME FUNNY AND SOME SAD.LIKE THE ANGLER WHO WENT TO VIST HIS FRIEND ONLY TO FIND OUT HE HAS CANCER.MY HEART AND PRAYERS ARE OUT TO HIM.
I FISH HERE AT HOME ON LAKE TILLERY AND THE PEE DEE RIVER, LIVING IN ROCKINGHAM I GO WHERE THERE IS CLEAN WATER AS THE PEE DEE HAS ITS SHARE OF MUDDY WATER. WHAT I LIKE MOST IS TO DRAG MY BOAT TO THE COAST AND FLOUNDER FISH. AS WE SPEAK WITH THE FLOUNDER I HAVE CAUGHT DIVIDED INTO THE COST OF THE BOAT, MY FISH ARE HIGH DOLLAR FISH. I FISH OUT OF SHOLLOTTE AND SNOWS CUT AND SOMETIME SOUTH PORT.
I WILL TAKE ALL ADVISE ANY ONE HAS AS TO HOW AND WHERE TO FIND FISH.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My experience out of Snow’s Cut has been mostly lost tackle and one anchor. My best luck has been the mouth of the dredge pond. Leave Snow’s Cut heading toward the river. Turn left and follow the shore line (from a distance), you will see a opening to a cove about half a mile. Enter on the left side of the entrance of the cove, be careful of depth. The right side is the most shallow. At low tide you are in two to three of water. Fish the mouth and inlet of the cove. The cove gets deep once you enter. A lot of people go inside the cove to find pogies.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Welcome aboard, Phil. That cove sounds like it has one of the key ingredients to a good fishing hole. A place where bait gathers will usually hold good fish. That whole area has a good reputation for big flounder. I don't know the sounds down that way so I can't steer you in the right direction but it sounds like you have one good location to start at. Big baits will get you some real doormats if you are a patient flounder hunter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.