NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm taking my nephew trout fishing on Saturday morning. Yes, I know it's not the best day to go, but it's the first Saturday I've had off in 2 months and he's been jacked up to go catch some trout. Anyways, we will probably do both fly fishing and spin fishing (I know, I know).

I'm trying to decide about where to take him based on fishing pressure and good water. My first thought was the roaring river over near Stone Mountain. I've fished in the park a ton of times but never outside of it. How is the river downstream? Are there places to pull off and fish? The other possible location is the fisher River in Dobson. Never seen it at all. Any thoughts about it? If it was just me, I would hit a DH stream and stay away from the crowds but he has been reading up and wants to go HS. I just haven't seen the Fisher and have no idea what kind of fishing pressure to expect.

·
Premium Member
7,963 Posts
Not sure if snakes are out yet but watch for them around stone Mtn.

At the Fisher I haven't had much luck. Lots of stocked water though. I seen a report from a while back where somebody caught a few.

It'd be a toss up.

Sent from my kayak...

·
Premium Member
7,963 Posts
In my opinion, most probable fish holding holes actually do hold fish.....just switch it up a little from time to time and make sure that fly is getting down to the fish and looking natural while doing it.

Lots of situations arise that isn't at all different from tenkara style fishing. That's the most plausible technique much of the time. The absolute least you have to do or move and still get the fly where it needs to be is the best tactic, hands down.

Sent from my kayak...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.