NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were going to spend 75% personnal fishing and 25% weekend warrior chartering, which would you choose for your weapon/tool??

A

or B

both definately have their pluses and minuses.... but if you had to choose one of the two.. which would it be?:eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
"A" would be my choice. I went out on the sunrise II out of Morehead City a couple of years ago. The cabin made for a nice ride out on a cold fall morning.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
"B" offers more room to fish, and outboards are nice because you can swap to whatever brand you like or is available if something breaks without serious retrofit issues. But "A" offers the cabin space for the all nighters or a quiet place for "Land Lubbers" to lay their little "green" heads if the Sea gets the best of 'em on a charter...
Tough call !!! I'm going with "B" I'll take space and easy to maintain.... Ya' can't hose out a cabin either..LOL

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whooo... Al, expensive taste there big'n.. of course you'd pick the Cabo!! That's my bud Rick's neighbor. I love the Cabo 32 Sport but at $300K.... think I'll stick with what I'm lookin at!! ha ha ha ha ... :)

I like the idea of genset, airconditioning and that big back deck, but I dont like the idea of having to leave the boat in the water (lot's of maintenance and fees for haul outs and ect...). Big boat in water I think limits area to fish. I just couldnt pack it up and haul it to Fla.. with the CC though, tow it where-ever wouldnt be a problem, goes a bit faster instead of that twin diesel sport fish, but no overnight capability at the comfort level of the other... Either boat will fish just as good, will have the same ranges if managed right, just comes down to maintenance and cost. Trailer boats in my opinion would be more manageable I think.. Dont know, tough decision..

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Dave---Get the neighborhood together--Rent that big cruiser--Put a pig on the the grill on aft deck-- party on down the ICW to Florida while you're making up your mind--Worse than tackle monkey--Decision! Decisions!Decisions!:) Just trying to help during your stage of agony.

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I think the cabin would be the best one. Of course either are a lot better then my shoes I fish with.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
If your serious about your charters you'd be better to pick A. the CC is gonna be a wet misersable ride to the weekend warrior especially if you plan on doing winter trips (those batwings only go so far) choice B is a tournement boat for the not so weary. A is comfortable and provides escape from he weather. Not everybody can hang, as far as going to florida, you make pulling that boat sound way to easy... id rather go ICW either way, but I think my conclusion would be to buy both and ill tournament fish B while you charter A, yup, that would work

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.