NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the Wilson, NC area. I have attempted fishing Buckhorn from my kayak on several occasions without much success. I'd like to learn a little more about it.

I have caught many small white perch but I wonder if Buckhorn also holds white bass. Does anyone know?

I have had limited success with fishing for crappie on Buckhorn. It is a pretty big lake to traverse by kayak with just the one launch area. Does anyone have tips for where to find Crappie within a resonable paddle form the boat launch?

I appreciate any tips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to fishing all together. I was looking at trying buckhorn but bank fishing. If your ever heading up there and want to bank fish, please let me know. It would be nice to have someone with some experience for questions

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm new to the Wilson, NC area. I have attempted fishing Buckhorn from my kayak on several occasions without much success. I'd like to learn a little more about it.

I have caught many small white perch but I wonder if Buckhorn also holds white bass. Does anyone know?

I have had limited success with fishing for crappie on Buckhorn. It is a pretty big lake to traverse by kayak with just the one launch area. Does anyone have tips for where to find Crappie within a resonable paddle form the boat launch?

I appreciate any tips.

I have fished Buckhorn many times. I don;t think there are any white bass there. There are good numbers of crappie. The exposed brush get hammered hard in spring and the crappie have adjusted. You need a good depth finder to find submerged brush. Find the brush at the right depth and you will find the crappie.

I appreciate any tips.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks swmpfox. I have been considering trying to rig up a depthfinder on the kayak but I do not know much about them. If you have recommendations for a depthfinder that might be suitable for a kayak I'd appreciate the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts