NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the Wilson, NC area. I have attempted fishing Buckhorn from my kayak on several occasions without much success. I'd like to learn a little more about it.

I have caught many small white perch but I wonder if Buckhorn also holds white bass. Does anyone know?

I have had limited success with fishing for crappie on Buckhorn. It is a pretty big lake to traverse by kayak with just the one launch area. Does anyone have tips for where to find Crappie within a resonable paddle form the boat launch?

I appreciate any tips.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm new to the Wilson, NC area. I have attempted fishing Buckhorn from my kayak on several occasions without much success. I'd like to learn a little more about it.

I have caught many small white perch but I wonder if Buckhorn also holds white bass. Does anyone know?

I have had limited success with fishing for crappie on Buckhorn. It is a pretty big lake to traverse by kayak with just the one launch area. Does anyone have tips for where to find Crappie within a resonable paddle form the boat launch?

I appreciate any tips.

I have fished Buckhorn many times. I don;t think there are any white bass there. There are good numbers of crappie. The exposed brush get hammered hard in spring and the crappie have adjusted. You need a good depth finder to find submerged brush. Find the brush at the right depth and you will find the crappie.

I appreciate any tips.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks swmpfox. I have been considering trying to rig up a depthfinder on the kayak but I do not know much about them. If you have recommendations for a depthfinder that might be suitable for a kayak I'd appreciate the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts