NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I managed to find the Stagecoach road impoundment at lunch today, so I know where that is. Do you fish the impoundment, above the dam, or below the bridge?

I figure I can probably find the Eno river areas as well, so I have two possible spots. Problem is, both are in Durham, and I am a whole lot closer to Wake Forest (Actually 10 miles east of there on 401).

Anyone know if the white bass run anywhere around this area? I think I remember someone saying they caught some at the Dam at Falls. Not sure about the Tar river, supposedly you can fish it somewhere in Louisburg in a park, but no idea if anything runs up this far in it.

Rocky Mount is about as bad a drive as Durham, and not sure where people fish the runs there.

Maybe I'll just run up to Weldon and fish for shad, but even though that is supposed to be a blast, I do like to eat at least some of the fish I catch, so white bass would be preferred.

If nothing else, guess I can always troll Kerr again Saturday.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Most people fish the pool below the dam and at the bridge on both sides. Some venture down the river to escape the crowds. Some go up the river also. With the high water I would expect that the area is quite muddy to hike around in right now. be prepaired to catch some large bowfin there if you go.You can hardly avoid them. They eat anything. So if you fish there you might not want to tie on any expensive tackle unless you have brade spooled maybe and know you can land the fish. I just use cheep jigs that I dont mind loosing there. It is fun there if you hit it right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.