NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been fishing the lower eno near the flat river tie in for white bass and havent been able to hit anything!!! it's driving me crazy! i don't know what im doing wrong. I've tried buzzbaits, crankbaits, spinners, topwater, small minnows, mid waters, i can name off everything in my tacklebox cause ive just about thrown it all. I was out there yesterday from 1200-1800 with absolutley no luck. there was tons of people out there and everyone else further up and further down river from me where catching fish, i was also out there on 3-22 from 1500-2000(only caught one on a small white and purple spinner). so i know they are there and running. Can anyone provide some tips for me? I just moved out here from Arizona last summer, there is only 1 lake in Arizona that has them currently habitating it. PLEASE HELP!!!
Mike

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
White Bass-Skunked again HELP!!!

So I have been fishing the lower eno near the flat river tie in for white bass and havent been able to hit anything!!! it's driving me crazy! i don't know what im doing wrong. I've tried buzzbaits, crankbaits, spinners, topwater, small minnows, mid waters, i can name off everything in my tacklebox cause ive just about thrown it all. I was out there yesterday from 1200-1800 with absolutley no luck. there was tons of people out there and everyone else further up and further down river from me where catching fish, i was also out there on 3-22 from 1500-2000(only caught one on a small white and purple spinner). so i know they are there and running. Can anyone provide some tips for me? I just moved out here from Arizona last summer, there is only 1 lake in Arizona that has them currently habitating it. PLEASE HELP!!!
Mike

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I am far from an expert, but I have had luck catching them on a white curly tail grub on a chartreuse jig head.

·
Registered
233 Posts
forget the buzzbait on whites...

throw 1/16 or 1/8 oz roadrunners with black body and chartresue tail

or mini-trap

or SSR 5

too early for them to consistently hit topwater...........
+1 on that. I would recommend minnow imitations in the 2-3 inch range, flukes, crappie grubs, jerkbaits, etc. Roostertails and other inline spinners in 1/8oz. Colors are your preference, but I always start with either white or chartruese.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.