NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Girlfriend and I took my new boat out for its maiden voyage today to White Lake. Had a pretty good day, caught 24 yellow perch and 2 bass. Took 3 and a half hours to catch the 2 bass, they were just biting at all. All in all it was a good day, I will post a pic of the largest bass when I get a chance. The boat also performed well except for the outboard. The motor fired right up this morning and I backed the boat off the trailer and then I put it in drive and went about 3 feet and the motor cut off, and it never fired up again. I don't know what happened to it, I have not a chance to check it out. There appeared to be some gas leaking from around the carb, don't know if it became flooded or not. Any ideas of what it could be? When I test drove it from the guy I bought it from we drove it for about 10 mins and it ran flawless. The motor does not have a handle to idle the motor, can those be purchased?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Old motors some times need those carb rebuilt they gum up. If you are seeing gas around the carb it could be a gasket or hose problem catching air or leaking to much gas which could be a fire hazard. What kind of engine is it any way. At least you caught fish.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Been known to do the old Roland thing myself..LOL!

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Nice looking hat on that smoocher!!:D
GET YOURS NOW!! ( THE HAT OF COURSE!!!) THEY'RE ON SALE!!!!!! IN THE E-STORE! (buy quick before Topsail Angler starts fishing alot, he loses them quicly!!):D

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
That looked more like Jimmy Houston with the lips all puckerd up:eek:

tight lines <*)))))>{

OH YEAH! That's the guy!!! geesh, I thought it was Roland.... LOL!!:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.