NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend rented a room on white lake this weekend. I've never been out there before and was wondering if anyone could give me a run down on the lake and what to expect. I heard from a co worker that the fishing sucks �� I'm hoping someone can tell me different!

Mike

·
Registered
284 Posts
if you are talking about the White Lake in/near Elizabethtown, then I can't say for sure.....since I've never fished it.......but that lake is pretty much strictly recreational. ALL jet skis and ski boats. I know there are fish in there because there was an old 5lb'ish bass that "lived" under the dock where we stayed for a week. My buddy tried to catch him all week, but you could tell the old salty dog has seen it all! lol. I was there for recreational purposes myself the few times I've been, but did cruise around and there are some nice looking spots on the back side of the lake (well, there's not really a back side, but the side away from all the rentals, where all the home owners are). if you plan on fishing it, plan on being on the water before daylight and being off the water by like 9am at the latest.........

·
Registered
284 Posts
good luck! like I said, I've never dropped a line there so can't be too sure. I'm sure there are bass there as I've seen at least one! I've been there a few times, but just to mess around on my jet ski when I had it. you just have to get out early enough to miss all the traffic in the mid-morning straight through to dark. beautiful place though.

·
Registered
660 Posts
We have a house at White Lake but only fish it in the winter. With Memorial Day coming up, unless you stay inside the no wake zone, there will be far too many ski boats and jet skis on the lake for safe fishing. Go to Jones or Singletary Lake or over to Bay Tree. White Lake is the deadliest lake in North Carolina. More people killed by boat than any other lake in North Carolina...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
If you are shorebound I recommend minnows/crickets/worms under bobbers and on bottom rigs, You can drop a few and let them soak while you play with a bettle spin or something around the docks. Make sure you tie your rods down so old cat doesn't drag it in. If the lake is crazy busy, night fish, heck night fish anyway!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the tips everyone!!! I'll enjoy the time out on the water one way or another! I throughly believe that any day fishing is a good day fishing. As long as ive got a pole in hand and a beer near by I'm happy! lol at least ill be catching a good buzz and a tan!!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
That was in February. Not the same lake once the watersking and jetskis start. I've been going to White Lake since 1987. It is a dangerous lake to fish this time of year. One ramp. On weekends there may be 20 ski boats waiting to get on the lake... It looks like a wagon train of ski boats going round and round with the jet skis roaring around like attacking Indians..

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Power boats, barges, container ships, jet skiers, drunk boaters, jet boats, sea cats, submarines, aircraft carriers.....you name it, i have paddled by it. Never kept me from catching a few. But hey.... This ain't white lake! Be careful! !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.