NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boss and I have been trying out some new areas to us, and Saturday was a trip to the lower White Oak near Swansboro. We 'yaked out of Cedar Point Park, caught a some live bait in the cast net, and started fishing. Plenty of bait around everywhere! We ended up taking opposite directions around the nearest island, meeting on the back side. I ended up the day with 2 undersized flounder caught on a Z-man minnow, and a Vudo shrimp. My boss landed an undersized flounder, and another that he lost right beside the kayak, both caught on a Z-man minnow. I saw several top water frenzies, but was never close enough to do anything about it. Oh, and that 10% chance of rain the weatherman predicted...well, I think 100% of that 10% was right where we were fishing!:D That's ok, though. I'd rather put up with a little rain and a lot of clouds than baking in the sun all morning!

Met a nice guy back at the landing when we were leaving. He has the same kayak as I do. We talked a while, and he was nice enough to give us some pointers for our next trip down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.