NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Hey Alien319 - just for clarification - you interested in the White Oak River (near Swansboro) or the Nuese River near New Bern or both? There are folks on here that fish both, I'm not one of them but I'm sure someone will "pipe in".

Welcoem to NC Angler by the way. If you ever decide to do any saltwater fishing south of Jacksonville, let me know, I know htat area pretty good (Topsail Island area).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Alien319...
Both me and my boat have been out of commission since Christmas, but last weekend I got the boat back from repair shop and gave it a test run up the White Oak from my house to the new bridge at Stella. I stopped for just a few minutes to try a new rod/reel combo. Didn't have a strike but a school of pogies made their way under my boat and on up the river the entire time I fished. These menhaden are the first bait of the season in the White Oak and the flounder won't be far behind. I haven't talked to anyone lately that caught fish in the White Oak, but I'm sure the biggest reason is that there hasn't been much activity due to cold weather. Two weekends ago, the first nice weekend, there were boats at every point from Holland Creek to Cates Creek, but as I said earlier, I've been out of circulation for the past few weeks and haven't rubbed shoulders with anyone who could give me a report. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.